Dorking Bike Hub
Dorking Commuter Service £45.00
If you rely on your bike to get to and from the station over the winter period, you may want to get it checked over and made ready to see you through the crappy weather months. Our Dorking Bike Hub Service includes the following:
- Hydraulic brakes bled, mechanical brakes balanced and set. Cables and/or other components replaced as needed*
- Gears checked for alignment and indexed. Cables and/or other components replaced as needed*
- Headset and BB checked for play
- Wheels trued and hubs checked
- All bolts & nuts checked and torqued to recommended settings
- Chain cleaned, checked for wear and lubricated
- Bike cleaned
*With the exception of brake inner cables (included) We will not replace any parts without first advising you of the cost and getting your approval to proceed. Any parts that need to be ordered in may delay return of the bike. We will discuss options with you when advising of cost.
It works like this...
Use the form below to book a day and time for your service collection (making sure you allow at least 15 minutes before your train is due to leave)
We'll meet you at the Bike Hub, take your bike, confirm your return time and ask you to sign the service ticket
You catch the train, we go and get busy with our spanners
We meet you back at the bike hub at the agreed time, and hand back your bike. Cleaned, serviced and ready to see you through the season.
Easy as that!
Just a few 'Ts & Cs' we need to point out:
- We do need a few minutes to check over the bike with you present, when you drop the bike off. And we'll need you to sign the service ticket. So please make sure you arrive in good time for that process (we'd recommend allowing 15 minutes to avoid any stress).
- Collection times are between 7am - 9:30am Monday to Friday. If you need us to meet you in time for you to catch the 7am train please contact us to make sure this is possible on the date you want.
- Unfortunately we can't collect after 9:30am
- We will confirm your return train time with you when we collect the bike. If you miss your train or - more likely - you suffer a delay, just call or text us. We'll be keeping an eye on the train times anyway.
- If you have a change of plan and want to stay in town for a few drinks, that's totally cool, we were commuters once. Just let us know and we can meet you any time up to 9pm, or we can keep the bike overnight and meet you the following morning. What we cannot do, though, is hand you back the bike if we believe you to be intoxicated or otherwise unable to ride it safely.
- If we have to make multiple trips to the station because you didn't get your train and failed to let us know, we reserve the right to charge an extra £5 fuel and time charge
- We will require payment upon collection of the bike. We accept all major credit & debit cards, as well as PayPal. We prefer not to take cash. We absolutely do not take cheques.
- We don't do dirty! Muck and mess of any sort, apart from being unpleasant and un-hygenic to deal with, also makes it difficult to service a bike properly. If your bike needs cleaning before it can be worked on, we will advise you of this when we collect, and there will be an additional £10 fee.
If that all works for you, hit us up with some details and let's get this happening.